South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council
|Sub Category:||Native Title Representative Body (NTRB) | Statutory Body|
|State/Country:||Western Australia, Australia|
|Subject Matter:||Native Title | Cultural Heritage|
|Summary Information: |
|The South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council (SWALSC) is an Incorporated Aboriginal Association that achieved Native Title Representative Body status in December 2001.
SWALSC'S mission is:
· to support and promote Noongar culture;
· to improve the well being of Noongar people;
· to alleviate poverty and disadvantage for Noongar people;
· to secure land and protect Noongar heritage;
· to make policy on Noongar Land in accordance with Noongar traditions; and
· to seek legal, political and historical recognition for Noongar people.
It became the NTRB for the area for which the Noongar Land Council Aboriginal Corporation was formerly the representative body.|