Details of the Agreement:
The agreement operates from 7 April 2017.&
The agreement will terminate on the date that the Principal Agreement terminates, unless terminated earlier in accordance with clause 6.6(b) of the agreement. The Extract does not include the text of this clause.
Native Title Provisions:
Right to negotiate
The parties agree that the right to negotiate provisions of the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth) do not apply with respect to the agreed acts.
Future act provisions
The Extract notes that there are statements within the agreement of the kind which are mentioned in ss 24EB(1) or 24EBA(1) or (4) of the Native Title Act1993(Cth), and so the consequences set out under these sections are triggered. This means that the agreement provides consent for the doing of certain acts by the non-native title parties.Specifically the agreement provides consent for the doing of the following acts:
- the validating of all acts done invalidly prior to the registration of this agreement;
- the grant of the pipeline licence, meaning any licence granted to Northern Gas Pipeline Pty Ltd persuant to s 15 of the Energy Pipelines Act 1981 (NT) in response to the application (initial licence), and any substitution, renewal or extension of the initial licence provided that no rights different to that created by the initial licence are created;
- the grant of any right, title or interest in respect of the pipeline or the Project;
- the grant of tenure;
- the conduct of the activities;
- the operation of the pipeline; and
- all acts necessary or incidental to the above acts or to the implementation of the Project provided that such acts have no greater effect on native title than any of the above acts.
The pipeline is specified as being a single approx. 622 km buried high pressure gas pipeline with a nominal diameter of approx. 12 iinches from the Amadeus Gas Pipeline near Tennant Creek to the Carpentaria Gas Pipeline near Mt Isa